meeow user agreement
Introduction – It is Time to Meet the World
You have probably gathered who we are by now, but if not, we are officially called Meeow Limited, and run our business from 33 Park Place, Leeds, England, LS1 2RY. Just in case it is not obvious, when you see ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’ in this document we are referring to Meeow Limited.
If you are looking at this document you are either about to create a user account to use the Meeow Networking Service, (which we will simply refer to as the ‘Service’ in this document) and become the latest Meeowist, or you are already using the Service.
This document sets out the agreement between us in relation to what we expect from you when using the Service and what you should expect from us. Specifically, sections 1 to 3 set out the terms around your access and use of the Service and how you pay for the Service. Sections 4 to 6 set out our obligations in providing the Service and the legal stuff around ownership and licensing of the Service. Section 7 onwards contains the terms on cancellation and our liability to you if something goes wrong.
We want to be clear now, using big bold text for added emphasis:
IF YOU CREATE A USER ACCOUNT FOR THE SERVICE OR USE THE SERVICE IN ANYWAY YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THE TERMS IN THIS AGREEMENT – SO READ THEM CAREFULLY.
Accessing the Service
- Before you can access the Service, you will need to create a user account, and pay the subscription fee – please see more details under Payment in section 2.
- The Service is for business use and designed for professionals who wish to develop their business networks. The Service is not intended for children or any other use.
- You will need internet access and an appropriate device in order to access the Service. You may only use the Services on one device at a time.
If you do not agree to any of the above, please do not use the Service.
- We charge users a monthly subscription fee to access the Service which is displayed on our website from time to time.
Payment by you
- You agree by creating a user account that you will pay the subscription fee to use the Service, unless the subscription fee is paid for by your employer (see below), and that we may automatically charge your payment method on each appropriate anniversary from when you begin using the Service until you cancel the Service – please see more details under section 7 Cancellation.
Payment by your employer
- We offer employers the opportunity to pay for a subscription to the Service on behalf of their employees. If the subscription fee for the Service is paid for by your employer, you will be provided with a pre-paid code which you can use instead of entering your own payment method when creating a user account. We will cancel your access to the Service if your employer stops paying the subscription fee – please see more details under section 7 Cancellation.
- We may occasionally increase the subscription fee and where we do so, we will provide you with at least 30 days’ notice via email.
- If we have not received payment within 7 days after the due date from you or your employer, we may without prejudice to any other rights and remedies:
- without liability to you immediately disable your account and access to all or part of the Service and we shall be under no obligation to provide any or all of the Service while any amounts concerned remain unpaid; and
- interest shall accrue on a daily basis on such due amounts at an annual rate equal to 3% over the then current base lending rate of our bankers in the UK from time to time, commencing on the due date and continuing until fully paid, whether before or after judgment.
- All amounts and fees stated or referred to in these Terms are on our website and are exclusive of all relevant taxes, which will be added to our invoice(s) at the appropriate rate.
- Your use of the Service
- The Service involves you interacting with other users over video and in chat messaging. It is important when using the Service that you behave in an appropriate way. You promise us that you will not:
- Display any content or use language which harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive;
- depict sexually explicit images;
- promote unlawful violence;
- act in a discriminatory way based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability;
- do anything which is illegal; and/or
- violate any user policies which we put in place from time to time.
- We do not generally monitor, direct, or have any control over content displayed by users, unless this is specifically reported to us, and therefore you agree that we are not responsible for the content displayed or shared through the Service by a user.
- We also are not responsible for the conduct of any other users of the Service and do not endorse any views expressed or shared by users of the Service.
- You also agree in using the Service that you will not:
- introduce or knowingly permit the introduction of any virus or vulnerability into our network and information systems;
- allow any third parties to access the Service through you user account and in the event of any such unauthorised access or use, promptly notify us;
- use the Service to provide services to third parties;
- access all or any part of the Service in order to build a product or service which competes with the Service; and/or reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Service or any related technology that is not open source.
- Our obligations
- We shall provide the Service and make it available to you under on the terms in this Agreement. We shall use reasonable endeavours to make the Service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week except for the following instances where we will notify you if possible:
- planned maintenance; and
- unscheduled maintenance performed outside normal business hours.
- We will provide the Service substantially in accordance with the description on our website from time to time (https://meeow.co/) and with reasonable skill and care.
- We do not warrant that:
- your use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free; or
- the Service and or the information obtained by your use of the Service will meet your requirements; or
- the Service will be free from vulnerabilities.
- You will need to use your own equipment to access the Service and therefore you agree that we are not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, or any other loss or damage resulting from the transfer of data over communications networks and facilities, including the internet, and you acknowledge that the Service may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of such communications facilities.
- You are responsible for the results obtained from your use of the Service and for the conclusions drawn from that use.
- We have and will maintain all necessary licences, consents, and permissions necessary for the performance of our obligations set out in this document.
- License to use the Service.
- When you accept this Agreement and become a subscriber of the Service, we will grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the Service until any of the following occur:
- You cancel your subscription under section 7 Cancellation; or
- you are no longer employed at or engaged by your employer who has paid for your subscription to access the Service, or your employer cancels your subscription; or
- we cancel your subscription under section 7 Cancellation.
- The rights granted under this clause are granted to you only.
- Intellectual Property
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Service throughout the world belong to us, that rights in the Service are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no intellectual property rights in, or to, the Service other than the right to use the Service in accordance with this Agreement.
- You shall retain the intellectual property rights in any material which already belongs to you which you display or post in the Service. You warrant that you have a right to display or post any such material and that such use does not infringe the rights, inlcuding the intellectual property rights, of any third party.
Cancellation by you
- You may cancel your subscription at any time by giving one month’s notice. Any subscription cancellations made part way through a month will take effect on the monthly anniversary of your subscription renewal and your account will be deactivated at that time as set out below. We will not make any refunds upon the cancellation of a subscription.
Cancellation by you
- We may suspend or terminate your right to access the Service if you or your employer fail to pay us the amount due in respect of your subscription to the Service.
- We may suspend or terminate your rights to access the Service at any time if you any of the terms in this Agreement in a serious way and we will contact you in such circumstances. If what you have done can be put right, we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so. The process detailed below will be followed in the event our action results in the termination of your account.
- The following provisions will apply if we cancel your access to the Service:
- if we suspend or terminate your access to the Service, depending upon the reason, we will endeavour to give you advance notice by email.
- your account will be deactivated as described above;
- you will be able to request a downloadable copy of the data held in your account for a reasonable period following termination.
- Your Data
- We are not responsible for any the personal data you send to other users of the Service or receive from other users. It will be your responsibility to ensure that you comply with any data protection laws in respect of the personal data which a user of the Service may give to you directly.
Our Responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Our Responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with the terms in this Agreement, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result from us breaching the terms in this Agreement or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, however we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time of accepting the Agreement both we and you knew it might happen. If we are liable to you for any such foreseeable loss and damage our total liability shall not be more than the total subscription fees which we have been paid by you or your employer during the term of this Agreement for you to use the Service.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We are not liable for business losses. We will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity in relation to your use of the Service.
- We are not responsible for events outside our control. If you are unable to use the Services due to an event outside our control, then we will notify you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
Our Responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- If you wish to contact us in writing with a general query or feedback, or report misuse of the Service you can send this to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are dissatisfied with the Service, please send us an email to discuss your concerns with the customer service team. If sadly, this means you wish to cancel your subscription, you will need to follow the steps set out under Cancellation.
- If we have a need to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email to the address you provide or confirm to us.
Changes to these Terms
- We may need to change the terms of this Agreement to reflect changes in law, technology or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce. Any changes to the Terms of this Agreement which we think will be important to you will be communicated via email, in all other cases we will communicate any changes via our website.
Other Important terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under this Agreement to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under this Agreement.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under this Agreement to another person if we agree in writing.
- This Agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of the terms.
- Each of the clauses in this Agreement operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under this Agreement, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of you breaching any terms of this Agreement, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Which laws apply and where you may bring legal proceedings:
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute arising in relation to the Agreement shall be dealt with by the courts of England.